Drivers - Various Locations
Date posted: 1 Jun 2018
Working as part of the Transport Team undertaking the following duties:
- Follow all signs, rules and standards when on the property of suppliers/customers
- Notify the Transport management team of any damage or defects on vehicles
- Protect the value and integrity of product through attentive driving and correct storage (secure and chilled where appropriate)
- Ensure that he/she is ready to commence work at the defined start-time and that ongoing issues are properly passed over to the oncoming administrator at the end of a shift.
- Concur with the company dress-code at all times, including the wearing of safety-shoes (and hairnets when in the factory).
- Foster a constructive relationship with all departments and ensure lines of communication are open.
- Conduct any necessary training required for the role. The jobholder should be prepared to work in different areas of the department as required.
- Be mindful of product quality, integrity and traceability. Ensure work is completed to a high-standard, and all necessary documentation is completed. Report any concerns to the relevant line manager
- The operation is committed to being “audit-ready” at all times. Therefore it is imperative that site hygiene, health & safety, and document control are all in line with customer specifications at all times.
- Maintain a respectful and constructive working relationship with colleagues and managers.
- If required on occasions provide assistance within other areas of the business such as loading / unloading vehicles, shunting, gritting and so on.
- To check vehicle roadworthiness and conduct minor repairs.
- Dock and undock trailers / vehicles from the loading bays as required.
- Ensure that all areas of the distribution department are clean, safe and clear from debris.
You will have extensive driving experience, preferably within the food industry and as minimum must hold a C + E HGV licence and ideally a current driver CPC
Please note these roles are on a variety of shifts and a degree of flexibility will be required.
We currently offer fully funded CPC training, competitive rates of pay and additional benefits.
Please send your CV to Hannah.Moran@Noblefoods.co.uk should you wish to apply.